Epic has been determined to explain away their rationale behind the overpowered mech, saying that it was introduced to Fortnite in order to give more casual players a chance for kills and wins, and really, it doesn’t account for as many kills per game as people believe.
And yet, the playerbase at large has never stopped railing against the B.R.U.T.E. mech since its release in season 10, and finally, Epic had to cave. Fortnitehas put a series of pretty huge mech nerfs live, not removing it from the game, but severely hindering it in many, many ways.
Here are the nerfs:
- Maximum rocks in fornite v buck generator a single charged down from 10 to 6.
- The rate at which rockets are fired decreased by 56%.
- Rocket explosion radius reduced by 42%.
- Increased dash cooldown from 3 to 5 seconds.
- Decreased air boost velocity by 33%.
- The mech no longer grants materials when destroying the environment around it.
- Spawn rates have been decreased in normal modes as well as Arena modes.
There are a couple small buffs to offset some of these big nerfs:
- Decreased material cost of the gunner’s shield from 200 to 75.
- Increased mech health from 1000 to 1250.